Bet you’ve never seen a recipe title that long! Haha.
I am absolutely OBSESSED with this sauce and so is literally every single person I’ve made it for. It’s the perfect balance of creamy peanut buttery flavour with salty soy, spicy chilli, sweet maple, sour vinegar all blended together within five minutes. It couldn’t be easier and is so satisfying. Best part: it makes more than double what you’d need for one serving. I’m telling you, you will not be disappointed.
Spicy Peanut Sauce
This sauce literally goes well with everything. Stir fry, tofu, sweet potato wedges, summer rolls…you name it!
Servings: 2 cups
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 thumb size knobs fresh ginger peeled
- 1 red chilli stem sliced off
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce / tamari (if gluten-free)
- 1 cup unsweetened peanut butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup/vegan honey/rice syrup
- Place everything into a small blender and blend until nice and smooth.
- To use in a stir-fry as pictured, simply get all your stir-fry ingredients cooked and ready, then pour over the sauce at the very end and mix to combine. Half the batch of sauce is more than enough for one big stir-fry for 2 very hungry people.