I made this soup on a total whim one night and it ended up being such a winner. So simple and easy to make and it will surely brighten up your day.
Carrot and Orange Soup
A bright and sunny soup for those cloudy days. The flavour of orange really sings through.
Servings: 1 big pot
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 1 palm length piece of ginger peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp dried garlic flakes / garlic powder
- 10 medium carrots roughly chopped
- 1 cup split red lentils
- 2 veggie stock cubes
- 5 cups boiling water
- 1 can coconut milk
- zest of 1 whole orange
- juice of 1/2 and orange (eat the other half!) 😉
- In a big soup pot over medium heat, gently sweat the onion and ginger until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the turmeric and garlic and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add in the carrots, red lentils and mix to combine.
- Add the stock cubes and water, mix and simmer for 45 minutes or until the carrots are SUPER SOFT.
- Add the coconut milk, orange zest, orange juice, and blend until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve!