A healthy chocolate chip cookie does not exi–
It does now.
That is all I have to say on the matter.
Goodbye. And enjoy. 🙂
A Healthier Chocolate Chip Cookie
Have your cookie and eat it too! This one is gluten-free, refined sugar-free, vegan (obviously),and packed with goodness. So much so, you can eat them for breakfast.
Servings: 14 cookies
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/3 cup smooth and runny nut butter (use any kind you like! Just make sure it's nice and runny)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 80 – 100 g dark chocolate (70% +) chopped
- flaked sea salt to garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C + fan.
- Mix the ground flax with the water in a small bowl and set aside. This is your flax ‘egg’.
- In a large bowl, add all the wet ingredients and mix together (including the flax ‘egg’).
- Add in all the dry ingredients and mix together until fully incorporated.
- Shape into 14 balls, press down slightly, and sprinkle each cookie with some flaked seasalt.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, then turn on the grill (with fan) and bake for another 2-4minutes. Keep checking them and remove once golden brown on top.