This pasta is on hiiiiigh rotation in our house. It’s so darn easy and quick to make and packed with so many veggies, it’s truly hard to beat. We love using bean-based pasta here (either chickpea or red lentil) in order to get a boost of protein, and it’s gluten-free which is easier on some members’ of the households stomachs.
10-minute Mediterranean Pasta
Super quick mid-week meal packed with veggies and flavour.
Servings: 2 people
- 250 g pasta of choice – I love to use a bean-based pasta for a gluten-free option and a boost of protein.
- 2 handfuls baby tomatoes halved
- 2 red and/or yellow peppers chopped into bite sized pieces
- 4 handfuls kale finely chopped
- 2 tbsp baby capers drained
- 2 pinches dried chilli flakes (optional)
- Boil a kettle of water and place a medium pot on high heat.
- Add water into pot. Add the pasta and a big pinch of salt. Turn heat down to medium-high.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan on high with a little drizzle of olive oil.
- Toss in the tomatoes and peppers and fry for a minute or two. To make them cook quicker, splash a spoonful of pasta cooking water into the pan every so often and cover with a lid so that they steam and soften a bit.
- Once the veggies are cooked, add the kale and capers. Give everything a stir, turn off the heat, and put the lid on to steam the kale.
- Drain the pasta once it's cooked and toss into the pan with the veggies. Mix and drizzle with a bit of olive oil. Sprinkle with chilli flakes (if using) and serve with some salt and pepper to taste.